"Open your mouth one more time", some of us have heard this growing up, and now we fall back in time to remember the consequences of disobedience, ah memories.
This adult thing isn't what it's cracked up to be. Freedom of speech? Not if you want to be liked. If only I had a southern accent. None of us want to hear our flaws, our mistakes, our weaknesses, but some times it's essential for growth.
Unfortunately, most of the time, it is not received with acceptance and open arms, but rather, counter attacks and things best left unspoken between the proclaimer and God. Why do we do these things to each other? If I don't stand up for myself that person will think I'm weak, that I believe what's being said, and at worst, that they are right! These thoughts frantically running around in our brain, as "insults" fly.
Delivery and presentation make the difference. A pile of pooh in a beautiful box with ribbon and bows, not so bad, lol. But really, is it that bad? If we truly are in need of insight to the betterment of our life and the lives of all those effected by our existence, then shouldn't we just shut up and listen?
This adult thing isn't what it's cracked up to be. Freedom of speech? Not if you want to be liked. If only I had a southern accent. None of us want to hear our flaws, our mistakes, our weaknesses, but some times it's essential for growth.
Unfortunately, most of the time, it is not received with acceptance and open arms, but rather, counter attacks and things best left unspoken between the proclaimer and God. Why do we do these things to each other? If I don't stand up for myself that person will think I'm weak, that I believe what's being said, and at worst, that they are right! These thoughts frantically running around in our brain, as "insults" fly.
Delivery and presentation make the difference. A pile of pooh in a beautiful box with ribbon and bows, not so bad, lol. But really, is it that bad? If we truly are in need of insight to the betterment of our life and the lives of all those effected by our existence, then shouldn't we just shut up and listen?
No comments:
Post a Comment